Play on two devices?

Talk about the game with other users.
BJSee

Play on two devices?

Postby BJSee » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Until now I have been playing the game on my iPhone. I just discovered that it also works on iPad and would love to be logged in there as well.

Unfortunately when I try to play on my iPad it wants to use my Game Centre account. I do not use Game Centre on my phone so I set up a user name within the game and connected through Facebook. When I try that on the iPad it says the user name is already taken or banned. How do I login on two devices?

Thanks.
Mark
Developer

Re: Play on two devices?

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:22 pm

In order to login with your Scrivalry account on your ipad you should first link your account on your phone with Gamecenter or Facebook. When you have done that you should simply login to Gamecenter or Facebook on your ipad and the game should ask you if you want to use the account you use on your phone (you might have to restart the game). If this does not work pls give us your user name in the game on your phone and the user name on your ipad (if it isn't the same one as on the phone) and we will try to figure out what is going wrong.
Ruthiecat

Postby Ruthiecat » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:15 pm

My account disappeared on my iPhone and everything got reset to zero with no user name. My user name is Ruthiecat. I also have an account in the Game Center with a different name but have never been able to connect my iPad to play under one user name in Scrivalry. So I never used my Game Center name. I think I was over 300,000 points & about 7th in global rankings. The flags I had set while I played are still there, which is strange. My user name is still linked to the words I've played. Is there anything you can do to get my user name working again? Thanks.
OldMoatGames
Site Admin

Postby OldMoatGames » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:29 pm

It should be no problem to restore your account. please make sure you are logged in to Game Center on the device you want to restore your account to and please post the in game name that you currently have (the one with the 0 score).

The flags are stored per device and not linked to the account you are logged in with. So that is why the flags are still there. In a future update we might change it so that flags are shared on devices with the same account.
Ruthiecat

Postby Ruthiecat » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:57 pm

I was logged into the Game Center. I open Scrivalry through the Game Center. I was not connected to my user name, Ruthiecat. I played 1 letter on 1 word. My user name did not come back. My Game Center name is Catznest. I closed the app & reopened it but Ruthiecat had not come back. What do I do next?
OldMoatGames
Site Admin

Postby OldMoatGames » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:52 pm

If you haven't already you will have to enter a new name in the game while connected with Game Center. If you give us this new name we can reconnect your gamecenter to your old account. After we have done this the only thing you will have to do is restart the game and you will get a message to choose between this new account and your old account.
Ruthiecat

Postby Ruthiecat » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:44 pm

I sent a private message. It's not showing in my Sent folder so I don't know if it went through.
OldMoatGames
Site Admin

Postby OldMoatGames » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:19 pm

I didn't get the message. Can you send it to info@oldmoatgames.com?
Ruthiecat

Postby Ruthiecat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:30 am

I sent an email, explaining more. I logged in through Game Center, opened and closed the app, but not given a choice of user names. Since I didn't get a response to my email, I don't know if you got that or if you did, whether or not you linked my new name to the old name. Just wanted to update you on my end in case you did do something & the link & choice are not working. Again, thanks for your help.
Mark
Developer

Postby Mark » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Ruthiecat wrote:I sent an email, explaining more. I logged in through Game Center, opened and closed the app, but not given a choice of user names. Since I didn't get a response to my email, I don't know if you got that or if you did, whether or not you linked my new name to the old name. Just wanted to update you on my end in case you did do something & the link & choice are not working. Again, thanks for your help.

I have send you an email. You should now get the in game prompt which enables you to switch accounts.

Return to “General”